Tuesday, February 24, 2009


Well I've finally committed to getting some things done around here and the first order of business is my entrance way/mud room.Actually my daughter MJ had offered to help clear out the room so that I can start to finish it. It was created about two years ago and since then I've just used it as is, unfinished. The closet hasn't any doors, windows are without trim, the floor is raw and there is no trim. I had visions when it was first created but out of necessity we started using it right away and before I knew it things just kept piling up in it.
The room measures 16'X6' and it also has an old outside window and the original entry door, which is wood, and both are on an inside wall. There are three windows which makes for nice lighting during the day.

Tomorrow I am off to shop for flooring, closet doors and a remedy to somehow incorporate the old window. Maybe I will check out the tools while I'm there. Did I mention that I am obsessed with tools. Lately I've been obsessing about a tool called the Sonicrafter. I know that this little tool would come in handy for this little project! This baby is only available by order, but there are comparable imitations out there so maybe I'll do a little investigating while I'm out at the big box stores!

Stay tuned. I'll post my finished pics as soon as I'm done. Hopefully Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Not hopefuly, it WILL be done by Sunday! Loves you! I will be checking in periodically! Muah xox

    ReplyDelete